error in generated project

Guest

I tried to generate asp Application project( I’m using VS .Net 2003). After I did ,following errors occurred (runtime):
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 44: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 45: -->
Line 46: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 47:
Line 48: <!-- AUTHORIZATION

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 74: To disable cookies, set sessionState cookieless="true".
Line 75: -->
Line 76: <sessionState
Line 77: mode="InProc"
Line 78: stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'help.WebForm1'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="help.WebForm1" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 3:

Mike Smith

did u create this application or trying to load a sample itself ?
if its a sample u just copied into the wwwroot folder to run, you're
definitely gonna run into this error. The solution is as it suggested..
configure the virtual directory to run as an application..

a.. Open IIS settings (right click My Computer , select Manage >
Services&Applications >IIS >WebSite > Default WebSite) and browse to find
the web application folder u desire
b.. Right click the folder, select properties.
c.. On the Directory Tab, click Create to create an IIS application for
this folder, and then click OK.

menkaur said:
I tried to generate asp Application project( I'm using VS .Net 2003).
After I did ,following errors occurred (runtime):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------
Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
in IIS.
Source Error:

Line 44: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core
profile services for member sites.
Line 45: -->
Line 46: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 47:
Line 48: <!-- AUTHORIZATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Configuration Error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'help.WebForm1'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="help.WebForm1" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 3:

After removing all this errors application is running correctly, but I
can't use codebing. What is the problem?

Guest

Thanks a lot! It works. However, I’d like to know if there is any way to make VS do this for me in the future?