Error messages for legacy ASP pages

Guest

If I leave a legacy ASP page in my web app, ASP.NET serves the page just
fine. If an error is encountered on the page, however, it doesn't give me
the friendly error message that ASP did. The page I get is the 500 (Internal
Server Error) page. Is there a way I can trap errors in a legacy ASP page
and emit useful diagnostic info?

Thanks!

Guest

Try switching the 500-100 error in your IIS web site error messages to use
the IISHelp/common/500-100.asp error page that is provided with your IIS
install. That will give you description, line number, etc.

Thanks,
Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com