Error on device when calling a web service

Sacha Korell

I get the following error when calling a web service that returns a dataset
with about 4000 records (one table, nine fields):

A managed SocketException occured at Application::Run+0xf

Could not find resource assembly

Application::Run+0xf
frmUpdateScanner::Main+0xd

Ok to terminate

I only get this error when I call the webservice from the device (Symbol
Barcode Scanner running PocketPC). The same code works fine when I run it on
the emulator.

Thanks for any advice,

Sacha

Mohammad Abu Sharkh

and by the way, transferring 4000 records will take to much time on pocket
pc. And using dataset is not the best solution. I used another way and the
speed was 8 times faster then dataset.

Mohammad Abu Sharkh

Hi,

Try to use the IDE for deployment. All what you need to do is to run the
solution. If it worked fine, it means you have a missing assembly in the cab
files.

Regards,
Mohammad