Error using SOPC builder - "Custom SDRAM" with 8-bits gives error with Signal "az_be_n"

sendthis

I'm trying to make a SDRAM controller with SOPC builder, but when I
change the data width to 8bits I get the following error..

Warning: Signal "az_be_n" of type "byteenable_n" and width 1 must have
width of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128.

I'm trying to make the system for a 64Mb SDR SDRAM, Micron
MT48LC8M8A2P-75.

Even when I select the Alliance AS4LC2M8S0-10 chip it does the same
thing. So I'm guessing it has to do with a width of 8 bits.

Thank you,
Eric

KJ

I'm trying to make a SDRAM controller with SOPC builder, but when I
change the data width to 8bits I get the following error..

Warning: Signal "az_be_n" of type "byteenable_n" and width 1 must have
width of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128.

I'm trying to make the system for a 64Mb SDR SDRAM, Micron
MT48LC8M8A2P-75.

Even when I select the Alliance AS4LC2M8S0-10 chip it does the same
thing. So I'm guessing it has to do with a width of 8 bits.

Thank you,
Eric

If this is your own component that you're trying to make up in SOPC
Builder, then I think the problem has to do with that the
'byteenable_n' SOPC input is supposed to be a vector. When you have
an 8 bit datapath, there will only be one byte enable input which I'm
guessing you have defined as a std_logic and not a std_logic_vector.

Wrong: az_be_n: std_logic -- Maps to SOPC's byteenable_n
Correct: az_be_n: std_logic_vector(0 downto 0); -- Maps to SOPC's
byteenable_n

I'm not totally sure, I haven't used SOPC Builder in a while but I
seem to recall an issue like this.

KJ