Error when running a game

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having a few errors come up when I try to run a specific game on my computer. All of the other games on my computer work fine except this one.

The first error I was getting was when the game was loading into the login screen the error was something like: Gameguard Initialization Error: 230, but that's all it said, so I typed it in Google and didn't really find any solutions.

Now I get a different error along with the Gameguard Initialization one called:

cli.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x944 (2372), Thread id=0x9fc (2556).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Then when I press cancel the same error comes up, and sometimes it tells me something about a JIT debugger. I googled all of it and all signs pointed to .NET framework problems. But I can't understand why some games work and this one doesn't? And whats really weird is that I was initially getting this error when I first tried to play, then came onto my computer later and tried and it let me play the game. I left the game, came back the next day and was getting errors again, and still am without having done anything to my computer. I looked up everything I could about .NET framework and found out I have several versions on my computer, and my computer is apparently running version 1.0 even though it has 2.0 installed. Do you guys think it might be the problem? And do you have any idea how I go about changing which version my computer is running?

Thanks for any help!

Ask a Question