Errors from timeouts?

Blasting Cap

I have a web application that I am converting from 1.1 framework to 2.0
framework.

When I do, I'd like to see if I could trap this error (or do something
to detect it).

The error is:

/sales/reportASP.aspx System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of
type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0BCD): Either BOF or
EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation
requires a current record. at
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o,
Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[]
CopyBack) at test.reportASP.ReportASP.reportheader() at
ASP.sales_reportasp_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control
parameterContainer) in D:\myfolder
\sales\reportasp.aspx:line 7 at
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ICollection children) at
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter) at
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter) at
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) ---
End of inner exception stack trace --- at
System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at
ASP.sales_reportasp_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

The line it blows up on in the aspx page is where it calls something
from the codefile.

reportheader()

In this it sets some session variables, reads some things from a
database, and that type of stuff. It also sets report titles and other
things for the report it's preparing to run (calling a report from SQL
based on parameters being passed in from here). I don't know whether
its blowing up on the read itself or if it's something else causing the
problem (like the IIS timing out on a person).

The error itself is intermittent, and I can't reproduce them.

Any ideas? (either as to what's causing this or how to fix it)?

Thanks,

BC

Guest

I'd suggest that if you really want to bring everything up to ASP.NET 2.0,
then get rid of the classic ADO
and use ADO.NET for your data access.

-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com