Esc key clears html input text values

Joined
Sep 14, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have created 2 html input text boxes with readonly property set to read only. I am handling the esc key event in javascript code. When I press the esc key for the first time it will not harm any thing. But if i press the esc key 2nd time it will clear both the input text box values. Please let me know is this the correct behavior? What should I do for retaining the text values?

Thanks,
Nags