ESPN.com HR - OK to post Java openings?

sportswebdev

I am in the Human Resources Department at ESPN, the undisputed world
leader in Sports Broadcasting & News, and part of the Disney/ABC
family of companies. My area of responsibility is staffing the
ESPN.com web development team located at our corporate headquarters in
Bristol, Connecticut. I am trying to find Java developers who love
sports to join the ESPN.com Web Development team.

I have used Yahoo groups and other forums quite a bit, but I am a
newbie to Usenet and do not know the protocols. I could not find any
information on this Usenet group's page or links pertaining to job
postings or to what is appropriate content for the group, nor could I
find a moderator to cantact.

Is it OK to post our job openings here? Is there specific information
I should provide? I understand that agencies are probably not
permitted to post jobs, but is a member of Human Resources at a well-
known company which is directly offering full-time employment
opportunities? With ESPN.com being one of the Top 50 web portals and
the leader in sports content, I feel we are offering a unique
opportunity; one beyond the ordinary.

But having been involved in web development and communities myself
(off and on since 1996) I also understand that off-topic postings are
not appreciated. I would appreciate any feedback as to what is
appropriate content and what is not.

Bill Barnes
ESPN
Human Resources