EuroPython 2012: Call for Proposal is Open! [Please spread the word]

Francesco Pallanti

Hi guys,
I'm Francesco and I am writing on behalf of EuroPython Staff
(www.europython.eu). We are happy to announce that the Call for
Proposals is now officially open!

DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: MARCH 18TH, 23:59:59 CET

For those who have never been at EuroPython (or similar conferences)
before, the Call for Proposals is the period in which the organizers ask
the community to submit proposals for talks to be held at the
conference.

Further details about Call for Proposal are online here:
http://ep2012.europython.eu/call-for-proposals/

EuroPython is a conference run by the community for the community: the
vast majority of talks that are presented at the conference will be
proposed, prepared and given by members of the Python community itself.

And not only that: the process that selects the best talks among all the
proposals will also be public and fully driven by the community: it's
called Community Voting, and will begin right after the Call for
Proposals ends.

CFP: Talks, Hands-On Trainings and Posters

We're looking for proposals on every aspect of Python: programming from
novice to advanced levels, applications and frameworks, or how you have
been involved in introducing Python into your organisation.

There are three different kind of contribution that you can present at
EuroPython:
- Regular talk. These are standard "talk with slides", allocated in
slots of 45, 60 or 90 minutes, depending on your preference and
scheduling constraints. A Q&A session is held at the end of the talk.
- Hands-on training. These are advanced training sessions for a smaller
audience (10-20 people), to dive into the subject with all details.
These sessions are 4-hours long, and the audience will be strongly
encouraged to bring a laptop to experiment. They should be prepared with
less slides and more source code.
- Posters. Posters are a graphical way to describe a project or a
technology, printed in large format; posters are exhibited at the
conference, can be read at any time by participants, and can be
discussed face to face with their authors during the poster session. We
will take care of printing the posters too, so don't worry about
logistics.

More details about Call for Proposal are online here:
http://ep2012.europython.eu/call-for-proposals/

Don't wait for the last day
---------------------------

If possible, please avoid submitting your proposals on the last day. It
might sound a strange request, but last year about 80% of the proposals
were submitted in the last 72 hours. This creates a few problems for
organizers because we can't have a good picture of the size of the
conference until that day.

Remember that proposals are fully editable at any time, even after the
Call for Proposals ends. You just need to login on the website, go to
the proposal page (linked from your profile page), and click the Edit
button.

First-time speakers are especially welcome; EuroPython is a community
conference and we are eager to hear about your experience. If you have
friends or colleagues who have something valuable to contribute, twist
their arms to tell us about it!

We are a conference run by the community for the community. Please help
to spread the word by distributing this announcement to colleagues,
mailing lists, your blog, Web site, and through your social networking
connections.

All the best,