EuRuKo, the European RubyConf -- Friday evening get-together?

Kero

Hi all!

October 9 and 10 is time for EuRuKo, the European counterpart of RubyConf.
All European Rubyists are invited, see
http://www.ntecs.de/wiki/euruko2004/show/HomePage
Note: I'm NOT one of the organizers!
Note: I suppose the list of attendees is longer than listed.
(author of that wiki: fix the **** rollback triggered by spiders!)

I would be interested in meeting others on Friday evening already.
I can, however not propose a venue, since I've never been to Muenchen.
But I'm sure we can find something near the Hauptbahnhof.
Assuming there's a meetingpoint within the Hauptbahnhof itself :)

NB: I'll be leaving Wed already, so respond before that when you're
interested.

Bye,
Kero.

+--- Kero ----------------------- kero@chello@nl ---+
| all the meaningless and empty words I spoke |
| Promises -- The Cranberries |
+--- M38c --- http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+

Armin Roehrl

Hi all,

I will pick up Sven on Friday (October 8) evening at the airport
around 19.30,
but we are free thereafter and I guess by 20.45 could be anywhere in Munich.

I am all for meeting up already on Friday eve to have a good beer and/or
pizza.
I will ask a friend who is actually from Munich and report back any
suggestions.
Just in case my mobile is: +49 170 163 9874

Ciao,
-Armin

James Britt

Armin said:
Hi all,

I will pick up Sven on Friday (October 8) evening at the airport
around 19.30,
but we are free thereafter and I guess by 20.45 could be anywhere in
Munich.

I am all for meeting up already on Friday eve to have a good beer and/or
pizza.
I will ask a friend who is actually from Munich and report back any
suggestions.
Just in case my mobile is: +49 170 163 9874

I'm taking the train up from Kempten on Friday, an I'm staying at the
Park Inn Hotel on Frankfurter Ring.

A meetup sounds great.

James Britt

David A. Black

Hi --

Hi all!

October 9 and 10 is time for EuRuKo, the European counterpart of RubyConf.

Greetings from RubyConf :) I wish I could come to EuRuKo this year.
I hope it goes well.

David

Armin Roehrl

David said:
Hi --

Greetings from RubyConf :) I wish I could come to EuRuKo this year.
I hope it goes well.
Thanks. We will miss you, Hal and all the others that can't make it this
year.

Enjoy the US Rubyconf :)

Armin Roehrl

What about meeting there on Friday and Saturday evening in this pizzeria?
I will be there on Friday from 21.00 onwards. If it helps, I could also
pick up a group of people from the main railway station, etc.

The food is good there and not too expensive.

http://www.ono.de/messetip/si213det41103.htm

Restaurant
La Baia
in München
Milchstr. 10
81667 München
Tel:089 4484937

The two metro (U-Bahn) stations closest are:
- Max-Weber Platz
or
- Rosenheimer Platz.

Best is to ask s.b. at the exit of the metro
for the Milchstr.

Ciao,
-Armin.

Kero

What about meeting there on Friday and Saturday evening in this pizzeria?
I will be there on Friday from 21.00 onwards. If it helps, I could also
pick up a group of people from the main railway station, etc.
http://www.ono.de/messetip/si213det41103.htm

Great, I'll be there 21:00 Friday.

Not sure I like to go to the same restaurant two days in a row, though :)
Perhaps we want something closer to the Frankfurter Ring on Sat?

Kero said:
Great, I'll be there 21:00 Friday.

Not sure I like to go to the same restaurant two days in a row, though :)
Perhaps we want something closer to the Frankfurter Ring on Sat?
Point taken.

I sent off an email to Wolfgang Rudolph who is from Munich for
restaurant suggestions :).

Ciao,
-A

Armin Roehrl

Kero said:
Great, I'll be there 21:00 Friday.

Not sure I like to go to the same restaurant two days in a row, though :)
Perhaps we want something closer to the Frankfurter Ring on Sat?
What about a Greek restaurant on Saturday?
Poseidon near Prinzregentenstr.?
If nobody complains till Thursday, I will reserver a table!

James Britt

BTW, I'm staying at the
Park Inn Muenchen
Frankfurter Ring 20-22
Tel: 0049 89 357 170

I'm going to try to wander around a museum or so Friday afternoon, but
will likely have time to kill in the evening prior to dinner, if anyone
wants to give a call and hang out.

(Of course, I may head out early to the restaurant to allow for "getting
lost in Munich" time)

James Britt