Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: isSetUID

Lorin Hochstein

Hey all,

I'm trying to run a Java application (I didn't write it) on an AIX
machine, the gory details of the JVM are:

java version "1.4.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0)
Classic VM (build 1.4.0, J2RE 1.4.0 IBM AIX build cadev-20020813 (JIT
enabled: jitc))

When I run the program, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: isSetUID
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.generate(FileHandler.java:476)
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(FileHandler.java:375)
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:346)
(etc)

So, it seems that the JVM can't find where the native isSetUID function
is implemented. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I had to change the PATH variable to point to the right Java application
(default points to an older version of Java), so one possible problem is
that the system doesn't know where to find the right shared library.
But, I don't know which shared library contains that function, or how to
tell the system where to find it (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, maybe?).

Lorin Hochstein

Lorin Hochstein

nos said:
maybe you can get rid of the old version and try again

Unfortunately, I don't have administration privileges on the system. I
don't get to decide what gets installed and uninstalled.

Lorin