Expert: How to check if an event handler has a delegate?

Henri

ASP controls such as TextBox seem to react to the presence of a deleguate
for the TextChanged eventhandler
so that text's value is saved in ViewState only when it's necessary (compare
new value to current value and raise TextChanged event when it's different)
I would like to implement the same feature in a server control I'm
designing.
But I don't know how to check whether a page or control is listening to my
control's event or not.
Can you help me?
Thanks

Henri