extracting text from files using IFilters

kunal

I am developing a web based application in which i give an option to
the registered users of the applications an option to upload files as
attachments directly in the blob field of the database. Now Just before
the upload of the file occurs i need to extract text from the files and
store it as a column in the database. Now i searched a lot About
IFilters and came up with a lots of solutions. I just need to detect
the extension of the filename that is being uploaded ( mostly all are
Microsoft Office Documents). Hence i have to use OffFilt.dll which is
the Ifilter for Microsoft Office Files. Now i have to solve the issue
by not searching through the registry for the CLSID of the OffFilt.dll
and then create an instance and then get chunks and then get the text
and properties of the office document. If there is a way to get it
directly from the Indexing Server, then i would be grateful.

Thanks in advance
Kunal Ramesh Lalwani
Software Developer
Fahm Softwares