File access on Pocket PC

KY Lui

Dear all,

I am developing a web application using ASP.NET with Windows Mobile 2003 as
the target platform. In the web application, user can click a button on the
web application, a "choose file" dialog will be displayed. The user select a
file, the web application records down the path of the file and write the
information in a local file.

1) How can I display a "choose file" dialog (like the one in HTML form on PC
platform)?
2) How to write file using client side scripting on Pocket PC? I was trying
to create a FileSystemObject, but failed.

Please help. I need it badly. Thanks

Max

JuanDG

Although there's a File Dialog for de .NET Compact Framework I think this
control is something very specific of the windows platform, and when we're
working with Mobile Web Forms we have to target a lot of very different
OS's.

Despite this, and knowing that both PPC 2002 and PPC 2003 support HTML I
tried to insert an HTML FileDialog and I found a very interesting behavior.
in PPC2002 the browser showed a textbox but without the "browse" button, and
in PPC 2003 it simply ignored the HTML tag.

in conclusion, you'll have to find a work around for your application
because it isn't possible though ASP.NET Mobile Web Forms.

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional