File downloading problem.

Guest

Hi

I am trying to download the PDF files from my webserver using ASP.Net.

All my files are stored at F Drive on webserver. Like this F:\Main
Folder\Sub Folder\Files\File1.pdf

I am impersonating the domain user account and downloading the file, It
seems the impersonate is got success, but its not download the file. Its
simply downloading some junk pdf file instead of original file.

I gave the all permission to all domain user accounts to Main Folder.

Here is the code I am using.

If impersonateValidUser(Session("WinLogin"), "domainName",
Session("WinPassword")) Then
DownloadFile(CType(E.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0),
HyperLink).NavigateUrl, True)
undoImpersonation()
Else
' impersonation failed.
Response.Write("not ok")
End If

-----------

Private Sub DownloadFile(ByVal fname As String, ByVal forceDownload As
Boolean)
Dim path1 As String = fname
Dim name As String = Path.GetFileName(path1)

Dim ext As String = Path.GetExtension(path1)
Dim type As String = "Application/pdf"
If forceDownload Then
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=" & name)
Else
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "inline;
filename=" & name)
End If
Response.WriteFile(path1)
Response.End()
End Sub

Thanks
Balakumar

Bruce Barker

you should clear content and headers.

Response.ClearHeaders();
Response.ClearContent();

otherwise the html markup on the page is sent before your pdf content.

note: Response.End(), kills the thread, so no code after Response.End runs.

If impersonateValidUser(Session("WinLogin"), "domainName",
Session("WinPassword")) Then
DownloadFile(CType(E.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0),
HyperLink).NavigateUrl, True)
undoImpersonation() '<-- this code never runs
Else
' impersonation failed.
Response.Write("not ok")
End If

Guest

I did the changes. But still its not downloading the files.

here is the code which I am using.

Response.ClearHeaders()
Response.ClearContent()

If impersonateValidUser(Session("WinLogin"), "ScanFiles.local",
Session("WinPassword")) Then
Dim spath As String
spath = CType(E.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0),
HyperLink).NavigateUrl
Try
If File.Exists(spath) Then
Response.Write("File exists")
Else
Response.Write("no exist")
End If
Catch ex As System.Exception
Response.Write(ex.ToString)
End Try
'-------------------------------------
Private Sub DownloadFile(ByVal fname As String, ByVal forceDownload As
Boolean)
Dim path1 As String = fname
Dim name As String = Path.GetFileName(path1)

Dim ext As String = Path.GetExtension(path1)
Dim type As String = "Application/pdf"
If forceDownload Then
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=" & name)
Else
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "inline;
filename=" & name)
End If
'
Response.Write(System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name())
Response.WriteFile(path1)
'Response.End()
End Sub