Files Transmitted Via Response.BinaryWrite()

A_StClaire_

hi,

I'm using an .aspx page to distribute files via the following code.
items in caps are constants.

Response.ContentType = RESPONSE_CONTENT_TYPE;
Response.AddHeader(RESPONSE_HEADER_NAME, RESPONSE_HEADER_VALUE_PREFIX +
sTargetFilename);
Response.BinaryWrite(abBytesToWrite);

my question is, is using a System.Net.WebClient object the only way of
retrieving the file in a C# application? reason I'm asking is I'd love
to get the file without using a query string.

is there another .NET class that can do that?

thx a bunch

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

You can get the file using an HttpWebRequest object.

If you by query string mean the url, it can't be done. There is no way
that you can send a request without an url.