Filling PDF Forms

Kevin Olbrich

Are there any Ruby utilities out there for filling out PDF forms?
I have PDF form that I would like to populate from a database.

Kevin Olbrich

pfharlock said:

While this is helpful, it does not solve my problem.

To clarify... I have a pre-existing PDF file which has various form
fields defined within it. I would like to automatically fill the
defined form fields with data from a database and provide the completed
file for download to the end user.

As near as I can tell from reading the manual, PDF::Writer does not
support forms in this fashion.

I really don't want to regenerate the entire form from scratch.

_Kevin

Austin Ziegler

While this is helpful, it does not solve my problem.

You are correct. I am not sure when or if this will be possible with
PDF::Writer. You may want to look around the Adobe developer website,
because there are indications that it may be possible with other
means. I just haven't investigated it so far.

-austin

mjfreshyfresh

I'm looking for this same functionality myself. Please post if/when you
find a way to do it in Ruby.

Thanks-
Michael