Find help for learn ruby

ÕÅÃ÷ÁÁ

Hi, everybody.
I'm a novice at Ruby. Now I have a lot of questions. Which version
should I choose 1.8 or 1.9, even 2.0. is it important for learning this
language?
Then the platform. I'm conditioned to Windows, can this OS use all the
functions, should I change to Linux.
Or recommend me a beginner's book, I'll be appreciative for this.

You can call me Robert

7

7stud --

张明亮 said:
Hi, everybody.
I'm a novice at Ruby. Now I have a lot of questions. Which
version
should I choose 1.8 or 1.9, even 2.0. is it important for learning this
language?
Then the platform. I'm conditioned to Windows, can this OS use all the
functions, should I change to Linux.
Or recommend me a beginner's book, I'll be appreciative for this.

You can call me Robert

Download ruby 1.8.6. The download page will list downloads for
different OS's. Download the file for your OS. Install. Learn.

Jari Williamsson

??? said:
Then the platform. I'm conditioned to Windows, can this OS use all the
functions, should I change to Linux.

Use the one-click installer for Windows. It should set it up for use
straight away.
Or recommend me a beginner's book, I'll be appreciative for this.

You can start with the old online version of the Pickaxe book:
http://www.rubycentral.com/pickaxe/

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson