Finding user id on the fly

DrKen

I have been asked to add some Omniture JavaScript code to some web
pages. There is a need for sending a unique identifer for each user.
The easiest way to do that would be to use the user id or the last
name maybe. Since a user of the web app must create an id and
password, and sign in, is there a way I can access that user id on a
different web page in order to form the unique identifer? I don't
know if this user id is in memory and accessible or if it is discarded
once the user signs in and goes to the next page. Or, would I have to
add code to "save" the info from one page so that I could access it on
another page in my JavaScript. Thanks.

Ken

Jeff North

On Fri, 27 May 2011 13:38:42 -0700 (PDT), in comp.lang.javascript
DrKen <[email protected]>
| I have been asked to add some Omniture JavaScript code to some web
| pages. There is a need for sending a unique identifer for each user.

The identifier will be generated server-side, right?
| The easiest way to do that would be to use the user id or the last
| name maybe. Since a user of the web app must create an id and
| password, and sign in, is there a way I can access that user id on a
| different web page in order to form the unique identifer? I don't
| know if this user id is in memory and accessible or if it is discarded
| once the user signs in and goes to the next page. Or, would I have to
| add code to "save" the info from one page so that I could access it on
| another page in my JavaScript. Thanks.
|

| Ken

Client-side + Javascript = cookies

Server-side: session variables which may or may not be stored in
session cookies.