firefox 1.0 - how to override popup blocker selectively, how to enable work for only certain popups

dejausenet

I have firefox 1.0, running on winxp

Firefox blocks popups fine, but sometimes, for selected occassions
only, i would like to be able to have window popup; without enabling
whole domains, as other popups from same domain are not desired.

How can I selectively override the firefox popup blocker, without
opening up pop up from many ads from same domain.

Tx

Tom

Richard

I have firefox 1.0, running on winxp
Firefox blocks popups fine, but sometimes, for selected occassions
only, i would like to be able to have window popup; without enabling
whole domains, as other popups from same domain are not desired.
How can I selectively override the firefox popup blocker, without
opening up pop up from many ads from same domain.

I believe that is done by how the popup takes place.
I have been in numerous sites where various site generated popups are shown,
but no spam type ones get through.
For instance, www.gifworks.com
Edit a gif and the necessary popup windows are allowed, whereas in IE they
are not.
I'm not sure if you have to allow cookies for that or not, but I haven't had
an issue with them.

Although there is an occasional one that comes through.
So I would imagein firefox has something to check the script to determine
what the source is.
You might want to pose this question on the firefox forum.