Firefox - accessing urls of tabs

Nevada

How do I access the urls of tabbed windows currently open in Firfox?
(Or the other tabbed browsers like Opera.)

I know "tab" is not a javascript object, but in pseudo code I'm looking
for something like this:

var myURL = window.tab[1].location

Thanks,

ns

Randy Webb

Nevada said:
How do I access the urls of tabbed windows currently open in Firfox?
(Or the other tabbed browsers like Opera.)

You don't.
I know "tab" is not a javascript object, but in pseudo code I'm looking
for something like this:

var myURL = window.tab[1].location

To put it bluntly, its none of your business what other websites I have
open, and thats the main reason that the browser manufacturer's do not
allow such things to be possible.

RobG

Nevada said:
How do I access the urls of tabbed windows currently open in Firfox?
(Or the other tabbed browsers like Opera.)

I know "tab" is not a javascript object, but in pseudo code I'm looking
for something like this:

var myURL = window.tab[1].location

This is like asking to be able to detect the URL of all the browser
windows that a user has open. The next logical step is to be able to
manipulate those windows...

Yes, it'd be real handy in some situations but is way to easy to
abuse so it's unlikely to happen.

One thing that would be nice is the ability to access 'child' tabs in
much the same way as windows opened by the current page can be
accessed. However, I can't see that happening either.