    transmission?

    many thanks

    giampiero

    GPG, Nov 28, 2009

  2. GPG

    James Parker Guest

    "GPG" <> wrote in message news:heqtd5$4c7$...
    >I have a server behind a firewall that sends a webservice request to an
    >other server placed on a different public network.
    > When I get the answer, my service is not able to interpreter the data
    > received and the error message dispalyed is:
    > "Data source is an invalid type. It must be either an IListSource,
    > IEnumerable, or IDataSource"
    >
    > The expected data is a datatable as result of a sql query.
    >
    > Same application is working fine if the firewall is not present.
    >
    > Beside the port 80, what other port should be opened to allow a correct
    > data transmission?
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > giampiero

    It is possiable that the firewall and or a proxy server is modifing the
    content of the XML, or changing the headers of the responce. It might be
    worth using port 443 over an SSL connection this will stop any proxy server
    or firewalls from being able to change the responce.

    j1mb0jay

    http://www.dotnethelp.co.uk

    James Parker, Jan 21, 2010