FireWatir 1.0.1 released

Angrez

Hi,

We have released FireWatir version 1.0.1

For new features and future enhancements please go through release
notes at http://code.google.com/p/firewatir/wiki/ReleaseNotes .

Main features of this release are:

1. Main concern was speed. It has been improved significantly and now
it's faster than Watir on IE.

2. You don't have to start the Firefox browser manually its started
uisng a script. Currently it works only on windows.

3. Its platform independent as there is no platform specific component.
It has been tested on Windows.Though not tested on Linux and Mac.

4. Tested on Firefox version 1.5, 1.5.0.4, 1.5.0.7 , 2.0 and 2.0.0.1 on
Windows.

5. Can run script on a remote machine.

Please get the code from http://code.google.com/p/firewatir and follow
the installation guide document to use it.

Any suggestions, comments and experiences (with FireWatir) are highly
appreciated.

Happy Testing using FireWatir!!

Regards,
FireWatir Team

Une Bévue

Angrez said:
Any suggestions, comments and experiences (with FireWatir) are highly
appreciated.

I'd like testing it under Mac OS X the latest, any advice on how to
uninstall it in case of probs ?

What kind of install would u suggest in such a case.

I'd prefer having FireWatir installed in a user directory for
experiment, and iff everything OK, install it for all users.

Angrez

Hi,

FireWatir installer is a gem so you can use ruby gems to
install/uninstall it. I am not having much experience with MAC so can't
advise you a solution. Also you need to download the XPI for MAC from
http://people.mozilla .com/~davel/jssh/

- Angrez

Une Bévue

Angrez said:
FireWatir installer is a gem so you can use ruby gems to
install/uninstall it. I am not having much experience with MAC so can't
advise you a solution. Also you need to download the XPI for MAC from
http://people.mozilla .com/~davel/jssh/

OK fine, thanks !

Peter Szinek

Tanushree said:
Hi,

I want to run my watir scripts on firefox browser which i had written
previously for IE.
Where can i find a document to get started with firewatir.I have
successfully installed
firewatir on my machine.Can i get some examples about what changes required
in my old scripts.
Help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

This was exactly my problem a few months ago when I wanted to give
FireWatir a shot (I am on Linux so IEWatir is not an option). I did not
get any help when I wrote here so I have dumped the whole stuff that
time - I wonder if this has been improved since then? I would really
like to take FireWatir for a test drive, but not without *any* tutorials
whatsoever... (I am not claiming that there are no tutorials, maybe just
I did not found them).

TIA,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyrailways.com

Angrez

Hi Peter,

You can visit http://code.google.com/p/firewatir and read the wiki
pages for help. I haven't tried the code on Linux yet but it should
work. The installations instructions remains the same. Shortly, I am
going to test it on Linux and will write in case there are problems
specific to the platform.

Let me know if you have some queries/issues/suggestions.

Regards,
Angrez

Une Bévue

Angrez said:
The installations instructions remains the same. Shortly, I am
going to test it on Linux and will write in case there are problems
specific to the platform.

Is it the same for Mac OS X ? because i didn't see something specific to
Mac OS X rather w32...

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

Is it the same for Mac OS X ? because i didn't see something =20
specific to
Mac OS X rather w32...
--=20
Artaban de M=E9d=E9e

I was able to install the gem on osx even though it's name has =
win32 =20
in it.

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz=20
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- (e-mail address removed)
-- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting
-- (866) 518-YARD (9273)

Angrez

Hi,

We haven't tested FireWatir on MAC machine so haven't released any gem
for Mac machine. Though there would not be any difference in the gem
except for the name which indicates that it is for MAC. Once it is
tested we can release that to.

Regards,
Angrez

Angrez

Hi,
I was able to install the gem on osx even though it's name has win32
in it.

Could you please send me the issues/problems etc that you faced while
installing it on Mac OS X. Is it working fine?
We haven't tested it yet so you information would be helpful to us.

Regards,
Angrez

Ed Howland

Hi,

FireWatir installer is a gem so you can use ruby gems to
install/uninstall it. I am not having much experience with MAC so can't
advise you a solution. Also you need to download the XPI for MAC from
http://people.mozilla .com/~davel/jssh/

Hi, I think the davel page only has Jssh for Linux for FF 1.5, etc. It
will not load under 2.0 versions. Does anyone know if this has been
updated?

Thanks
Ed

Angrez

Hi Ed,

The xpis are not updated for Firefox 2.0 yet. I'll be working on it
once I am done with testing of FireWatir with Firefox version 1.5.x on
Linux.

Regards,
Angrez