    but it didn't work, i still get the same error.

    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Krazy Man, Aug 19, 2006

  2. The easy way is just to go to:
    <http://ruby-lang.org/en/> and download the latest stable or stable
    snapshot version of Ruby. Build and install it by cding into the ruby
    directory and then doing:

    /configure
    make
    make test
    sudo make install

    Finally make 3 text files in your home folder that will be invisible
    in the Finder. One will be named .bash_profile and it will contain
    the line:
    source .bashrc
    The second file will be named .bashrc and will contain:
    export CLICOLOR=1
    export RI='-T -f ansi'
    ##
    # DELUXE-USR-LOCAL-BIN-INSERT
    # (do not remove this comment)
    ##
    echo $PATH | grep -q -s "/usr/local/bin"
    if [ $? -eq 1 ] ; then
    PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
    export PATH
    fi

    Finally, make a file called .inputrc containing
    set completion-ignore-case On

    It's a good idea to end each of these text files with a carriage
    return. Some of the above has nothing to do with Ruby per say but it
    does have to do with making unix tools usable on HFS+. Other things
    are more complex than they need to be just for OS X but I find that I
    can carry these files around with me and they work on other unixish
    systems.

    HTH

    Chris Gehlker, Aug 19, 2006