flash player for multiple video formats

Jeff Thies

I'm in need of a flash player that can play multiple video formats
and is adjustable.

Any recommendations? Cost is secondary

I realize that there are a lot of video formats, and it is not
necessary to play all, but I'd like to get some of the more common ones.

Jeff

Neredbojias

I'm in need of a flash player that can play multiple video formats
and is adjustable.

Any recommendations? Cost is secondary

I realize that there are a lot of video formats, and it is not
necessary to play all, but I'd like to get some of the more common
ones.

A Flash player for your desktop or a Flash player for your website?

rf

Jeff Thies said:
Website. This is an html group.

Jeff

So, having chosen a flash player that suits you, what to you expect me, the
viewer of your web site, to do about it?

Neredbojias

Website. This is an html group.

I use the jw player from longtailvideo.com. It's free or you can get a
license to remove a brief logo which appears at video start.

Neredbojias

So, having chosen a flash player that suits you, what to you expect
me, the viewer of your web site, to do about it?

You sound like you're in a bad mood so let me sing ya a song which
really kinda applies to the American West but could also relate to the
Australian Outback if you herd cattle there.

"I'm a cowwwwwboyyy
And I like horssseshitt;
It has a really fragrant smeyll.
If you don't like it
Just suck my armpit,
And you can go right straight to Heylll."

(It's original, btw.)

PostMan

Jeff Thies forklarede den 10-09-2010:
I'm in need of a flash player that can play multiple video formats and is
adjustable.

Any recommendations? Cost is secondary

I realize that there are a lot of video formats, and it is not necessary
to play all, but I'd like to get some of the more common ones.

Jeff

Hello

A flashplayer, can only play flash movies.

If you want to upload different video formats to you website you need a
video uploading script that can convert the video. Just like youtube
does.

This free script
http://clip-bucket.com
Is a clone of youtube, maybe this can do what you want.

You can finde more clone scripts here
www.clonestop.com

PostMan

cwdjrxyz

  Website. This is an html group.

First you usually do not put a whole player on your site. Rather you
put code on your site that will make use of players installed on the
viewing computer to show the video. For the modern flash, flv/swf, you
encode at the same time a flv(flash video file) and a swf container
file which may contain a custom flash player, links, logos, text etc.
However the custom player is not a complete player and depends on
flash being installed on the viewing computer - no flash, no video.
Most newer name-brand desktop computers come with flash installed.
However there are a few computers on which flash is not installed,
including some of the Apple small devices. Also a few hate flash so
much that they uninstall it. However if you want to include only one
type of video, flv/swf likely will be seen on more computers than any
other format. What the situation will be in the future, who knows. It
is perfectly possible to encode in, say, 4 formats and allow the
viewer to select the format he wishes to use. This requires you record
the video in multiple formats. Here it is best to start with a high
resolution format and convert it to the lower resolution formats
needed online. Converting a low resolution video to another low
resolution format often degrades the video quality more than
necessary.

If you put several videos on a web page, if you are not very careful,
you can get a page that takes even several minutes to download, and
will drive most of your visitors away. I use server side php script to
avoid the problem. Likely snake script(ASP) could be used by those who
like Microsoft servers best. If the viewer of the page decides he/she
wants to view the video, one of multiple buttons is clicked to choose
the format desired. Then a form is used to send this choice to the
server where php is used to write a page that includes only the code
for the video format selected. Such a page works even if Javascript is
turned off on the viewing computer. Some examples follow.

View http://www.cwdjr.net/flash/Fatty.php . This is a flv/swf video
that should stream without stopping even on fairly low broadband. Note
the progress bar at the bottom of the video. There is a slider that
shows the progress of playback. There is a thin line ahead of the
slider that shows the download progress. If the slider showing player
progress catches up with the download line, playback pauses for more
download before playing resumes.

Next see http://www.cwdjr.net/flash3/catfightclips.php . This video
requires a good high broadband connection to stream without stopping
to reload on flash but should play without stopping if you first allow
it to completely play and then replay while still on the site. It
illustrates the choice of 4 video formats. You also have given a
choice of high or low broadband videos.

Next go to http://www.cwdjr.net/flash4/MerryWidowScenes2Entry.php. The
password "GzMYahZ2bCPpZviy6ldzrCJeyDcX6QjA" ,without quotes, must be
entered to get in. To discourage repeated attempts to get in, after a
certain number of false passwords, you will be redirected to the site
"____" for about 3 hours if you attempt to enter the page again. This
is a HD quality video at a speed far beyond that possible for most
consumer isps. A bit will download, it will play, and then another bit
will download and play until download is complete. Then, staying on
the page, if you click the big play button the video will play without
stopping if your computer is fast enough. Even a computer just a few
years old may not work unless it was a very high end gaming computer.

Notice all of these videos embed the video on an html page that can
also contain the usual text and even other media. You are not
redirected to another page that shows only the video.