focus problems on reload

charlesmcnulty

I have a pop-up window (a filter window) that can be called from many
pages. The pop-up sets a filter on the data in the parent window and
then reloads the parent window to see the affect of the filtering.
This is all fine&dandy. The problem is that in some cases I don't want
the filter pop-up to close, but remain open *and* in the fore. Nothing
I'm doing is putting the pop-up in the fore after reloading the parent
page. window.focus() and setting the location aren't doing the trick.
It seems that it executes the 'refocus' line before the parent page is
done reloading, and that the parent page is therfore given the focus
back after the focus commands.

My question is whether there is a command to wait or pause execution
until the previous command completes it's execution. TIA!

-Charles