forced PDF-download in popup

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by dany, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. dany

    dany Guest

    I want a forced PDF-download but all that header-stuff is new for me....

    I wrote a little asp-script:
    <%
    Filename = "download.pdf"
    response.addheader "content-disposition","attachment; filename=" & Filename
    server.transfer Filename
    %>

    It only works with Internet Exporer (mac & pc) but not with Opera, Netscape
    7,... ?!

    I open it in a small popup but now I would have seen closed the popup
    automatically
    A simple "response.write" with "window.close()"-stuff don't work?!

    ciao bye

    d.

    dany, Jun 30, 2003

  2. You're almost there ... use ADODB.Stream and Response.BinaryWrite.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=276488

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jun 30, 2003