Open decoded base64 pdf in browser

Mangler

I am using the USPS Electronic Return Merchandise API to print labels
on the web and am at the last point to get this to work, obviously Im
stuck now.

The response from the USPS server is an encoded base64 string that you
need to decode before being able to use things, I was able to decode
it no problems. Used a component from XStandard to do so.

I am unsure what to do from here to get the decoded string to open the
pdf file in the browser.

I have been able to get a csv file in the past to open like I want the
pdf but it is not working, the decoded string shows on the page and
not an actual pdf file.

Here is my code :

<%
Dim objBase64, strImage
Const otSafeArray = 0
Const otString = 2
strImage = "ENCODED_STRING"
Set objBase64 = Server.CreateObject("XStandard.Base64")
Response.AddHeader "content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=test.pdf"
Response.BinaryWrite objBase64.Decode(strImage, otSafeArray)
Set objBase64 = Nothing
%>

what am I doing wrong?

Evertjan.

Mangler wrote on 11 jan 2010 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
[...]

Will this help?

<http://geekswithblogs.net/Lance/archive/2007/07/18/Shipping-APIs-
FedEx.aspx>

Bob Barrows

Mangler said:
[...]

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe you need a component from Adobe to
generate a pdf that can be streamed to a client.

Bwig Zomberi

rob^_^ said:
Your sample code has syntax errors.
Probably...

Regards.

Try clearing and buffering the response stream.

Response.Clear
Response.BufferOutput = true

Bwig Zomberi

Bwig said:
Try clearing and buffering the response stream.

Response.Clear
Response.BufferOutput = true

I copied it from ASP.net. Hence the correction:

Response.Buffer = True