Forceing a client side REFRESH

Bryan G

I need to force the client side to refresh the page. What function do I use
todo this in C# with a ASPX page?

Guest

Hi Bryan,

You cannot force the client side to refresh the page from the server side. Server will only provide response upon request. You have to refresh the page from the client side.

Bin Song, MCP

----- Bryan G wrote: -----

I need to force the client side to refresh the page. What function do I use
todo this in C# with a ASPX page?

Bryan G

ok, then, is there a way on the client side to create a timmer that will
send an event of some type to the server that will cause the server to
re-render the data to the client side again?

Bin Song said:
Hi Bryan,

You cannot force the client side to refresh the page from the server side.
Server will only provide response upon request. You have to refresh the page
from the client side.

Raterus

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="300">
</head>

300=number of seconds until refresh

Bryan G

Ok got that working but it does not get the data from the server it just
uses the cach from the client machine.
I need this timmer to have the server resend the data again too. Is there a
way todo this?

and thanks thus far.

Bryan

Luiz Augusto

Bryan,

in addition to the line you´ve added in your HTML code
(<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">)
add a line with the following HTML:

That line tells the browser not to cache the page.
So, when the page is reloaded, the browse will force a new request to the
server.

I hope it may help you.

Luiz.

Bryan G

Ok I added the code but I use a IsPostBack function and it is reporting
that it is a new refresh each time. In the IsPostBack if statement I
disabale all my controls and this is what I am getting into now in the page
load function just like it was a new window being opened. So the question
is when the HTML timmer goes off is it sending a message to the server or is
it just a refresh on the client side?

I need it to send something to the server like a buttonPress event or
something so that the server will render the new data to the client and BE a
PostBack. Just like if I where to press a button.

Thanks again, I will get there

Bryan