forcing cookies to use SSL and redirecting to custom error page

Guest

I am using version 1.1 of the .NET framework on IIS 6/Windows 2003.

1. Is there a way to force all ASP.NET applications to have secure cookies
(ie send them using SSL), without modifying the application code? Is there a
way to make the ASP.NET session id cookie use SSL, similar to the way the ASP
session id cookie can be forced to use SSL?

2. I am trying to force all ASP.NET errors to redirect to a custom error
page. I have configured the machine.config and web.config files to do this
and it works for most urls. However if I prepend some character strings such
as "~." to the URL it causes the standard ASP.NET server error page to come
up. Is there a way to change this?