form based authetication not work after copying them to rebuilt se

Guest

Database and OS are same for both machines: SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000
server.

It worked very well for old machine.

But I have copied them to the new machine and config IIS's Directory
Security to Anonymous, and Inheririance overides.

I got the eorror message from local browser:
--------------------------
Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 41: -->
Line 42: <!-- ref. data access reference in SMDN April 7, 2005-->
Line 43: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 44: <forms name="AuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" path="/"
protection="All"> <!-- I delete path="/" timeout="30", otherwise, I can
access without asking password -->
Line 45: </forms>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\demo\web.config Line: 43

----------

Do I need to recompile all sources?

Thanks for any help

David

[...]

David, did you check if this: "This error can be caused by a virtual
directory not being configured as an application in IIS"?

Guest

What does it mean?
I just copy the whole folder into wwwroot.

David

If "demo" is your application name, then go to IIS, expand the web
site, right click on Demo, Properties, on the Directory tab, in the
Application Settings section, click Create.

Guest

thanks
demo is the project name.
It works following your instruction.
I did wrong way on the folder demo/bin rather than demo itself.

David