Formatting ASCII to be read by Windows NotePad

Stephan Bour

Ben Morrow wrote:
} Quoth Sherman Pendley (e-mail address removed):
} >
} > > Reading this thread I feel like I am back at school on the
} > > playground and someone just yelled FIGHT!
} >
} > Funny you should say that - I'm beginning to feel like the only adult
} > in a playground full of screaming children.
}
} The sensible response, then, is not to keep screaming back.
}
} (I'm saying this to you rather than anyone else in this thread
} because I have somewhat more hope you'll see reason.)

That's it, keep defending the one who perpetuated the source of the conflict
you're talking about. You really aren't helping him by telling him it's ok
to bully people around. It would be nice if people like you would, instead
of defending people you've often conversed with and instead act upon what
you know is right or wrong. Every bone in my body tells me what Mr. Pendley
did in this thread was a bad example of how to handle that sort of
situation. You don't back people who you don't understand into a corner, and
then turn around and wonder why they are responding in such a defensive
manner. Defending this behavior is just absurd.

No offense, but I don't expect you to listen. Which would be rather ironic,
since you're the one speaking about listening to reason... I can only hope
you truly believe in doing just that.

Stephan.

Waylen Gumbal

Ben said:
The sensible response, then, is not to keep screaming back.

(I'm saying this to you rather than anyone else in this thread
because I have somewhat more hope you'll see reason.)

I have tried to be quite reasonable but it appears it's impossible to
see eye to someone who keeps blinking. I also understand the want to
defend a fellow comrade, but it seems some people like you take that too
far, like here where you are defending Sherman when he is wrong. I came
after me in a water wicked tone. I real life this would never fly, so
why should it be allowed to here?

Andrew DeFaria

Sherman said:
So where, exactly, did you post a specific problem with a specific
app, as opposed to vague hand-waving about an entire platform that you
obviously know very little about?
So unless somebody posts a specific problem with a specific app they are
talking non-sense eh?
Life is no less real when you're typing to people than when you're
talking face to face with them.
Ah no, it's considerably different! You should try real life sometime!
Get out of the house and interact with real human beings sometimes. You
might like it!
And yes, I call BS when and where I see it, online or off.
Yes and in "Real Life", ya know that place that you admit you don't go
to, doing such foolery will get you ostracized right quick. Which is
probably why you tend not to interact with real people. You really
should see a shrink about such things if you truly believe that life is
no less real when you are typing to people! It's totally unreal. Psst!
Here's a secret! People don't behave the same way in type and under the
clock of anonymity than they do in real life!
That does tend to upset people who continually spout BS - but I
couldn't care less about their opinions anyway, so that's fine by me.
Exactly. So then you admit to having anti-social behavior and being a
prick who doesn't care about what anybody else thinks of them!

npc

Sherman Pendley wrote:
} > and you turned it into some stupid crusade and now you're attempting
} > to dish out every trick in the book in order to vindicate yourself.
}
} Vindicate myself to whom? You? Who appointed you to the Usenet Police?
} Get over yourself already.

I am not more a "Usenet Police" officer than you are, yet you seem to
have no problem acting that way yourself; you clearly acted in a tone as
if you were scolding Gumbal for being defiant, for not answering in a
way that was satisfactory to *you*, as if anyone to participates in the
same thread is some how obligated to answer to you. I'm afraid I'm not
the one who is having trouble getting over thy self.

Stephan.

Lets start a pool, how many people will sherman defend his behaviour
against before he realizes the swarm may have a point, and he should sit
in the corner and think about his offensive^2 words.

dibs on INT_MAX.

Dr.Ruud

Sherman Pendley schreef:
Bill H:

Funny you should say that - I'm beginning to feel like the only adult
in a playground full of screaming children.

It is more like one paving stone on which some guys are unhappy
together, for ever unnoticed by the players on the rest of the
playground.