Forms Authentication Cohabitation Between Framework 1.1 and 2.0

Andrés Giraldo

Hi!

I have an ASP.NET/C# app and I've got to obtain some user data from a
System.Security.Principal.GenericPrincipal object, created in framework
1.1 in a solution, wich my app will be part of it.

In my Web.Config I write the same configuration that the 1.1 framework
Web.Config projects:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="myCookie" loginUrl="/theAPP/default.aspx" timeout="10" />
</authentication>

This code, calls the login of theAPP solution, but, when the user gets
authenticated, my app doesn't recognize it, and keeps calling the
login...

Any idea of how can I handle this?

Thanks!

Dominick Baier

You have to sync the machine key elements between the both apps - make sure
you are using compatible crypto algorithms in both.

have a look at the <machineKey> element in web.config.