Formview pagination

Dyogi

I've used a FormView control to display sequential records in a database. I
want to page to load showing the most recent entry in the database--whatever
page it might be. So, if there are ten records in the source table, the form
will load showing page 10... if there are fifteen records, the form will load
showing page 15. Users will be able to page back toward page 1 if they wish.

No amount of code I've written on the ASP form's Load event seems to affect
how the FormView loads. However, when I set the control's PageIndex property
to a very big number, the form loads showing the highest-numbered page.

It seems like a kluge, but maybe this is what Microsoft intended. Is this
how to accomplish what I want, or is there an even more arcane solution?