frameset & rferesfh question

Java_Forum

hi,
i have a frameset divided into two frames the first one is called 'menu' the
second
one is called "body". my 'menu' is an jsp file, i.e the contents of the menu
can change depending on some criterias, the body is the display view for my
web application.
my menu display the link "connect" if the user has not already logged on or
the link "disconnect" else.

my problem is :
i click the link 'menu' which lead to display a logon form in the 'body'
frame, and when the user logged on i display an welcome file in the body,
and i want to refresh my 'menu' too but i don't succeed,
is there a way to trigger two links for one action (submit button); have i
to use javascript for this ?

Toby A Inkster

Java_Forum said:
is there a way to trigger two links for one action (submit button); have i
to use javascript for this ?

Yes it can be done, and without JavaScript, thanks to server-side
processing. Link like this:

frameset.jsp is a script that will take the two variables frame1 and
frame2 and will then create a file something like this:

<frameset cols="20%,80%">
<frame name="menu" src="$VARIABLES{frame1}">
<frame name="body" src="$VARIABLES{frame2}">
</frameset>
<noframes>
</noframes>

or something like that. Get the idea?

Toby A Inkster

Toby said:

should be:

<a target="_top" href="frameset.jsp?frame1=menu.jsp&amp;frame2=body.html">Blah</a>