Free Software University - Python Certificate - In reply to Noah Hall

Lloyd Hardy

Noah Hall enalicho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:38:48 CET 2011
I've been following this project for a while, since it was annouced on
the Ubuntu forums. I can't say that I've been at all impressed by
anything they have to offer.

Hi Noah,

I'm interested in your post for a few reasons:

1. There is no Noah Hall registered in the FSU
2. Your email address is not registered in the FSU
3. The FSU is really about what _you_ have to offer
4. As has already been noted, we are currently making courses
5. The first course (Free Software Certificate) starts 2nd May 2011

...so, maybe you can help me to understand your post? It seems a strange
post, based on these facts...

Maybe you'd like to come along and actually get involved? You would be
most welcome.. our other 800 members will be happy to see you, I'm
sure... come and contribute! :)

Lloyd
FSU Founder

News123

Hi Loyd,

Having a decent front page might help to attract people:

Go to http://www.freesoftwareuni.com/

and try to get any useful information except (free / GPL / not
accredited / your email address)

With out signing in / without registering you don't even see what FSU
has to offer / plans to offer

Probably you lost already many potential students, potential creators of
training material just by this choice of design.

If you force people to register before they see existing (or planned)
courses, then it easy to think, that this web site is just another way
of collecting email addresses.