freetextbox install problems

Jim in Arizona

Apparently, the FTB forum at
http://freetextbox.com/forums/22/ShowForum.aspx isn't very active.

I need some kind of text box control that allows formatting AND is free
so I came across freetextbox. I followed the installation procedure from
here:

http://wiki.freetextbox.com/default.aspx/FreeTextBoxWiki.Installation

But, those instructions weren't very helpful. When you download the
latest version, it comes in a zip file with a whole bunch of files
within, including three freetextbox.dll files. I have no idea which one
to use so I just picked the latest one (by creation date), which was
only a few minutes difference from the other two.

I copied the FreeTextBox.dll file into this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

I then applied this to the top of my ftp.aspx page:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="FTB" Namespace="FreeTextBoxControls"
Assembly="FreeTextBox" %>

And then I placed the control:

<FTB:FreeTextBox id="FreeTextBox1" runat="Server" />

When I run the page, I get this error:

Parser Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific parse
error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'FreeTextBox' or
one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false"
CodeFile="ftb.aspx.vb" Inherits="tests_ftb" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="FTB" Namespace="FreeTextBoxControls"
Assembly="FreeTextBox" %>
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
Line 4:

Source File: /tests/ftb.aspx Line: 2

Did I install this control/assembly correctly? What am I doing wrong?
Perhaps there is another free text box control with formatting
capabilities out there somewhere that I could use that installs easier
and works..?

I'm not very experiences installing my own assemblies. I'm using the 2.0
framework.

TIA,
Jim

Jim in Arizona

I ended up putting the FreeTextBox.dll file into the BIN folder and all
appears to be working now.

Still though; if anyone knows of any other free textbox controls with
additional formatting properties, please let me know.

Jim

Guest

Hi Jim,

http://www.fckeditor.net/
--
Milosz

Jim in Arizona said:
I ended up putting the FreeTextBox.dll file into the BIN folder and all
appears to be working now.

Still though; if anyone knows of any other free textbox controls with
additional formatting properties, please let me know.

Jim

David

I am using Xinha. I tried many others and had problems or the style didn't
suit.

It looks good. It is not .NET based, but is quite easy to integrate. Some
features you may wish to re-write, such as the image management. (BTW, if
anyone has converted some of the pop-ups to .NET, I would love to hear from
you... david dot colliver at revilloc dot com )

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.