FTP functionlity from C++

C C++ C++

Hi,

I have a application in which i have to connecto ftp server and get
the files from there.

Searched through google for around a hour, couldn't find one.There are
lots of google search results for window vc++,c# supporting this
feature.

Is there any c++ library which provide me this functionlity.
Also i read somewhere i can call perl from c++ for this purpose, is it
suggestable..?

Please guide me on this.

Regards,
M.Azmath

Victor Bazarov

C said:
I have a application in which i have to connecto ftp server and get
the files from there.

Searched through google for around a hour, couldn't find one.

It must be true if you say so, but I have hard time believing it.
There are
lots of google search results for window vc++,c# supporting this
feature.

Is there any c++ library which provide me this functionlity.

I am fairly certain there is. Besides that, every operating system
that has TCP/IP support probably has some rudimentary functionality
to provide abstraction to some common protocols.

Search the newsgroup archives for "available c++ libraries". We
used to have a link to that list posted here monthly by Nikki Locke.
Perhaps there are remnants of that list on the web, you will need to
find out.

Also, don't discount asking in an operating system newsgroup. Even
if the OS or a compiler provides its own library, folks in a platform
newsgroup know more about available libraries (usually cross-platform)
than anywhere else.
Also i read somewhere i can call perl from c++ for this purpose, is it
suggestable..?

Uh.. No, I'd advise against that. You might want to look into
Python, though.

Mike Wahler

C C++ C++ said:
Hi,

I have a application in which i have to connecto ftp server and get
the files from there.

Searched through google for around a hour, couldn't find one.There are
lots of google search results for window vc++,c# supporting this
feature.

Is there any c++ library which provide me this functionlity.
Also i read somewhere i can call perl from c++ for this purpose, is it
suggestable..?

Please guide me on this.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=C+++ftp+library&btnG=Google+Search

The standard C++ language does not include direct support
for network operations, thus further discussions about this
should go to a newsgroup and/or mailing list for whichever
library(s)/platform(s) you're using.

-Mike

Phil Endecott

C said:
Hi,

I have a application in which i have to connecto ftp server and get
the files from there.
Is there any c++ library which provide me this functionlity.

Go to freshmeat.net
Search for "ftp"
Select "pick a filter to add" ... "Programming Language :: C++"
33 results.

ftplibpp looks a good choice.

You would probably also find some C libraries that you could call from C++.

Phil.

Bruintje Beer

C C++ C++ said:
Hi,

I have a application in which i have to connecto ftp server and get
the files from there.

Searched through google for around a hour, couldn't find one.There are
lots of google search results for window vc++,c# supporting this
feature.

Is there any c++ library which provide me this functionlity.
Also i read somewhere i can call perl from c++ for this purpose, is it
suggestable..?

Please guide me on this.

Regards,
M.Azmath