fully datagrid edit

arnold

Hi

I have a datagrid and I want to click on a button to edit all the row of the
datagrid.
How can I edit all the datagrid jus t with a button click?

Thanks

Joel

There is two ways
1. Right Button in Datagrid, Property Builder, Colummns, Button Column and
select the Edit, Update, Button Column

2. The other way is to create a template column, and in the template put a
button and in its property commandName write Edit

Both, fire the EditCommand Event in DataGrid

write this code

Datagrid1.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
Datagrid1.DataSource = ds
Datagrid1.DataBind

Joel

arnold

Thanks for the answer but my problem is that I want to edit all the row at
the same time by clicking on a button.

Thanks

Arnaud

arnold

Thank you jos

But my problem is to edit all the row just by the click of one button.
I want to use a normal datagrid and click on a button in order for the
datagrid to become editable. Like that I can change the info for all the
row in one time.
And then I click another button to save everything.

Thanks a lot

Arnold

Jos

arnold said:
Thank you jos

But my problem is to edit all the row just by the click of one button.
I want to use a normal datagrid and click on a button in order for
the datagrid to become editable. Like that I can change the info for
all the row in one time.
And then I click another button to save everything.

Then just add these lines to your DataGrid:
<Columns>
<asp:EditCommandColumn ButtonType="LinkButton" UpdateText="Update"
CancelText="Cancel" EditText="Edit">
</asp:EditCommandColumn>
</Columns>

Also handle the appropriate events. This is the EditCommand event:

Sub DataGrid1_OnEditCommand(Sender As Object, e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)
DataGrid1.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
BindGrid()
End Sub