Fw: Is this a good idea or a waste of time?

Hendrik van Rooyen

8<-------------------------------------------------------------

| BTW, speaking of "strictness", "more stricter" is invalid English,
| just "stricter" is the "correct" form. ;-)

or alternatively the construct "more strict" is also acceptable - Hendrik

Simon Forman

Hendrik said:
8<-------------------------------------------------------------

| BTW, speaking of "strictness", "more stricter" is invalid English,
| just "stricter" is the "correct" form. ;-)

or alternatively the construct "more strict" is also acceptable - Hendrik

It is, but technically it's not. English is more bizarrer that that..
It depends or the number of syllables in the word: one or two, add
'-er'; three or more (or if the two-syllable-er word "sounds lame"),
use "more"...

English, the perl of natural languages.. lol (Apparently Dutch is
pretty weird too..)

Peace,
~Simon

Hendrik van Rooyen

| Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
| >
| > 8<-------------------------------------------------------------
| >
| > | BTW, speaking of "strictness", "more stricter" is invalid English,
| > | just "stricter" is the "correct" form. ;-)
| >
| > or alternatively the construct "more strict" is also acceptable - Hendrik
|
| It is, but technically it's not. English is more bizarrer that that..

LOL!

| It depends or the number of syllables in the word: one or two, add
| '-er'; three or more (or if the two-syllable-er word "sounds lame"),
| use "more"...
|
| English, the perl of natural languages.. lol (Apparently Dutch is
| pretty weird too..)
|
| Peace,
| ~Simon

*grin* my Dutch is Dangerous - its actually Afrikaans - a highly simplified
variant that is poison to good Dutch...

I like the rule about the syllables - would never remember it in the heat of
battle though...

- Hendrik