g++: command not found!

JS

When I write g++ in a shell I get the errormessage:

g++: command not found

But when I open Synaptic and search for g++ I have both  g++-2.95/3.2/3.4
listed as being installed.

Hope someone can help!!

Zak

Make sure the exe files are registered in the system dir (windows) or
/bin (Linux).

-Zak

Christian Christmann

When I write g++ in a shell I get the errormessage:
g++: command not found

But when I open Synaptic and search for g++ I have
both  g++-2.95/3.2/3.4 listed as being installed.

Use the command "whereis" to find g++.

What is the output of "whereis g++" ?

wittempj

On my (Ubuntu linux box) a version number is added to the name
martin@ubuntu:~ $ ls /usr/bin/g++*
/usr/bin/g++-3.4
martin@ubuntu:~ $

wwwolf

On my (Ubuntu linux box) a version number is added to the name
martin@ubuntu:~ $ ls /usr/bin/g++*
/usr/bin/g++-3.4
martin@ubuntu:~ $

If you installed 3.4.x with an rpm, it could be called g++_34

does it recognize gcc, c++ ?

H. S.

Apparently, _Zak_, on 30/03/05 09:11,typed:
Make sure the exe files are registered in the system dir (windows) or
/bin (Linux).

-Zak

Try "dpkg -L g++". On Debian Sarge, I get:
{tmp}> dpkg -L g++
/.
/usr
/usr/bin
/usr/share
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man1
/usr/share/doc
/usr/bin/i386-linux-g++
/usr/bin/g++
/usr/share/man/man1/i386-linux-g++.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/g++.1.gz
/usr/share/doc/g++

and I see that I have g++ in /usr/bin. You could also try "dpkg -L g++ |
grep bin", or "dpkg -L gcc | grep bin".

->HS

wittempj

no, but i could manually make a link of course. but usually i work
with a makefile, so i do not see a problem with this