get e-mail address from Exchange?

ljb

I have asp for an employee directory with photos. All the info is stored in
an Access database including e-mail address and phone number. I would really
like to get the e-mail and phone numbers from our Outlook/Exchange address
book. This address book is kept updated but my database is not. How would I
go about extracting this info from our global address list? Would it be
better to create something that updated the Access database offline rather
than dynamically query each persons entry from the web server? Any hints on
how to do either?

thanks
LJB

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

MSFT

Hello,

What is the result after you try the suggestions on CDO? Any further
questions?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

ljb

I haven't yet tried CDO. Linking to Exchange from Access fits my needs for
now. It allows me to update my db simply on as-needed basis.

ljb

Indeed the CDO sample (converted to vbscript) does work if I run it on my PC
but I don't think it would within ASP on a web server. I don't believe our
web servers have mailboxes.