Get Edited GridView row?

nomad

Hi,

I have an editable GridView. When I select Edit it jumps into the
RowEditing event. Within this even I can get the row index of the row
being edited, along with the value of the column to be edited before
it has been edited. My question is, how can I retrieve these values
within the SQLDataSource_Updating event?

Thanks for any suggestions

Munna

Hi,

since you have full control over the data in row_updating event of
gridview...
i wonder why you need to see what data is passing through
sqldatasource's updating event...

here is a very ordenary solution...

OrderedDictionary olddatas;
OrderedDictionary newdatas;

protected void SqlDataSource1_Updating(object sender,
SqlDataSourceCommandEventArgs e)
{
//use here... old data and new data...
}

protected void GridView1_RowUpdating(object sender,
GridViewUpdateEventArgs e)
{
olddatas = e.OldValues;
newdatas = e.NewValues;
}

but again.. above kind of practice is not recommended,,,

Best of luck

-------
Munna

www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog