Get Fast Help -- Forums/Tips+Tricks/Tutorials/Blogs/ETC

zero

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
my website: http://www.wizardsolutionsusa.com is dedicated to helping
people with their problems. Remember, it doesn't take but 90 seconds
of your time to sign up and get/recieve help.

I don't mind you promoting your website (I do think it's a bit silly to
promote it on usenet, but I don't mind it), but don't you think twice in
two days is a bit much?

Chris Uppal

zero said:
I don't mind you promoting your website (I do think it's a bit silly to
promote it on usenet, but I don't mind it), but don't you think twice in
two days is a bit much?

The big advantage to posting to a web "forum" is that nobody can killfile you,
unlike Usenet where it can be a real factor. I presume that csheppard91 is
attempting to keep the statistics favourable...

-- chris

Stefan Ram

Chris Uppal said:
The big advantage to posting to a web "forum" is that nobody
can killfile you,

One needs a web filter (Proxomitron, Privoxy, or so) and then
one can set a custom filter for the page with the article
list. For example, the filter is then told to search this page
for

<li>*From*(Name0|Name1)*/li>

and replace this by "", which will delete all entries (the
complete HTML-list entry for the article) from authors named
"Name0" or "Name1". (I have used this to filter forums.)

Chris Uppal

Stefan said:
One needs a web filter (Proxomitron, Privoxy, or so) and then
one can set a custom filter for the page with the article
list.

Interesting; thank-you. I should have guessed that such tools would exist.

-- chris