Get full-qualified user-domain in asp.net

Markus Strobl

Hi!

I'm currently developing an ASP.NET application which uses Windows
Integrated Security to display different data depending on the Windows User
how requests the page.

So far so good but i also need to get the full qualified name of the user
domain visiting the page to make my app work properly.

I'm currently reading the logged on user by a call to
Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"] but this call will only give me the
short domain name (i.e. i get "myDomain\Markus" but i need
"myDomain.rbgooe.at\Markus").

Is there any way to do it using ASP.NET technology? Or will i have to use
ActiveDirectory-Queries to resolve the domain name?

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Greetings

Markus

Markus Strobl

ok i was able to solve the problem on my own using .net active directory
support :

the following call gave me just what i needed:
System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain domain =
System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.GetCurrentDomain();

Description from MSDN: "... Gets the Domain object for the current user
credentials in effect for the security context under which the application
is running...."

Greetings

Markus