get text from flash/flex

Mario Ruiz

Hi,
I'm trying to use win32api to get the displayed text on a flex app popup
window on an IE window but I don't see how to do it.
I was trying also watir using document object... but no success.

Any idea?

Eric Christopherson

Hi,
I'm trying to use win32api to get the displayed text on a flex app popup
window on an IE window but I don't see how to do it.
I was trying also watir using document object... but no success.

Any idea?

I'd be interested in doing that, too; however, I think it's impossible
without an optical character recognition library. Flash and Flex don't
go through the Windows API to store or draw their text, so there's no
foolproof way to get at it. There are a few open-source OCR libraries
(e.g. GOCR, Tesseract/OCRopus), but in my experience they aren't very
accurate on text produced by Flash.