Get the decimal separator from Windows

mathieu.hedard

Hi,

i write a script to process files on different computer with various language.
And i wonder if there is a way to know which is the decimal separator for the current user in my script.

Thanks for your answers.

Jim Gibson

Hi,

i write a script to process files on different computer with various language.
And i wonder if there is a way to know which is the decimal separator for the
current user in my script.

I don't really know, but a search for 'perl decimal separator' led to:

perldoc -f sprintf

and this:

"If "use locale" is in effect and POSIX::setlocale() has been
called, the character used for the decimal separator in
formatted floating-point numbers is affected by the LC_NUMERIC
locale. See perllocale and POSIX."

Peter J. Holzer

i write a script to process files on different computer with various language.
And i wonder if there is a way to know which is the decimal separator
for the current user in my script.

POSIX::localeconv

hp