I need to be able to get this code to read negative and decimal numbers....

Reaction score
Hello! For my computer science class, I need to be able to get my code to read negative numbers AND decimal numbers.... The professor showed us how to do this, and said for an assignment that if we can get it to read negative and decimal numbers, we would get extra points. Attached is the code, and yes I am well aware that System.in.read is horrible, and there is main code as well as other sub routines within this code, but the main area of focus is the sub routine labeled "readNumbers", and that is what needs to read the negative and decimal numbers... Also, if there is anything else you guys think I should change in the other programs, let me know. I'd love to hear some feedback and understand new ways to do things. Unfortunately, I cannot change System.in.read() for now, as my professor wants us to use it that way for now.

Attachments

• DisplayNumbers.txt
    2 KB · Views: 119
Reaction score
What is your expected output? I key in a negative value, but it doesn't throw any exceptions.
Can you write a sample output ?

Ask a Question