getting exception information

z. f.

Hi,

i have a asp.net vb.net web appliation.
it is compiled to release build with debug information.
i have module to analyze errors in application_onError to trap all errors in my code and report to me.
when i have error it is shows in internet explorer with the line numbers of the code that is available.
in the mail i send to me after i analyze the stack trace, the line numbers / source file info are missing.
is there somewhere else to look for the stack trace line numbers / source file info?

TIA, z.

Karl Seguin

This information is only available when a PDB file is created...when in release mode, by default, PDB files are not created. You can change this behaviour in VS.Net:
-make sure the project is in release mode
-right clicking on a project and select "Properties"
- Under "Configuration Properties" select "Build"
-One of the last entries is "Generate Debugging Information", set it to true.

You can read up more on this at:
http://weblogs.asp.net/jaybaz_ms/archive/2004/06/29/169024.aspx

Karl

--