Getting to Grips with Bubbleup

Joe Molloy

Hi folks,

Lately I've been dipping my toes into the world of compostie controls as I
like the reuse potential. I've been playing round with bubbling up command
events for the last little while and I think I pretty much understand what's
going on.

My question is how would I go about doing what to me seems like the
opposite.

Let me give you an example of what I'm trying to do. Suppose I had a user
control with two mutually exclusive radiobuttons sitting in a page with some
text boxes and a button. I want to be able to set a property of the
usercontrol based on which radiobutton is checked when the button is
clicked. If the button was part of the usercontrol my understanding is I
could bubble up a command event I had set for the button onClick and pass
the newly set property to the page but I'm stumped as to what to do when the
button is outside the control.

Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Confused